Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful

I have so much to be thankful for like friends and family . I am thankful for the life God Choose for me . though I dont always understand it I know its His perfect plan for me. I have been struggling with a career decision and this has been very hard for me . I have always loved beinga nurse but this past year has been a real struggle for me . I have thought about taking a break from nursing for a while but then I never have real peace about it,I have met some of the most amazing people along the way, but where I am at right now I feel as though I never have time to just sit and listen to theses old folks and they all have such a story , I just hope when I get old there will be someone who wants to hear my life story.Then there are the people I work with they all have a life story and some are not so pleasent.My heart hurts for some of these girls.Do they not realize there is so much more than abusive ,broken relationships, They are beautiful girls .
I am so glad I have a realtionship with the one who matters most,and know that no matter what He will always love me. Nursing is so much more than just passing pills and doing treatments it more than charting a millions words a day, its about showing Gods love to these old folks ,to be a smiling face,even when you dont want to smile,its holding a hand tight as they go to meet their maker,its comforting a family ,its being a example to my coworkers ,its team building,its pulling togeather when things get tough and its going the extra mile when you dont feel like it.I am thankful that I have been a nurse the last 26 yrs .I know its a hard road somedays but hope to be doing it for many years to come

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful nurse Becky and all your residents are lucky to have you. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete